Monday 6 June 2016

Losing Weight

Everyone wants to look their best on their wedding day. For many brides and grooms, this involves losing a few extra pounds. Not everyone can lose weight easily, let alone to fit into a dress or suit within a very short period of time.

I think losing weight is something that always has to be done for the right reasons. If you make your health a priority, weight loss will most certainly follow. Whenever my goal is to lose a bit of weight, I aim to do it in a really healthy way. I definitely take an interest in nutrition and exercise so I make short term goals to eat even cleaner and workout more often/harder/longer.

I always thought it was silly when girls said they wanted to lose weight to fit into a dress, but now this has become my reality! In my case, I bought my wedding dress in a size 12, which is actually a normal size 8, the exact size of the sample I tried on. When I initially tried on the dress it was a little tight through the hips and thigh area, but it fit me beautifully everywhere else. I could have ordered the size 14, but it would have been 2 inches larger all over! I didn't want to run the risk of the dress not fitting me like it should, so I made the decision to go with the smaller size and try to shed a few pounds. My dress should be arriving in a few short weeks, so we'll see where I'm at when I finally get to try it on.

The real setback lately with trying to drop some weight has been indulging at all of these wedding season events! In addition to our own wedding, we have 4 others to attend this year along with all of the events leading up to them. Food and drinks galore! Also, there never seems to be enough time to squeeze in a workout the day of to offset all of this indulgence. I've never really been one to workout at home, I either need to be outside or at a gym. I'm hoping the beautiful weather we are having here will inspire me to get outside running more often! ~♡~

No comments:

Post a Comment