Tuesday 21 June 2016

Bridesmaid Dresses and Appearance Guidelines

As a bride, it is very difficult to please every bridesmaid with your choice of bridesmaid dress. Friends of mine who have previously been bridesmaids are constantly complaining about the dresses they were forced to wear to their friends' weddings in the past. Unflattering fits, styles, and colours are the main complaints, but a high price ticket is also a common objection.

If you really want your bridesmaids to shine on your big day, make sure they are comfortable in what they are wearing. When choosing bridesmaids dresses, you should consider a style that works well on any body type. Also, choose something that your girls would actually want to wear! For my bridesmaid dresses, I narrowed it down to a couple that I liked and turned the vote over to my bridesmaids.

I often hear how difficult it is to find bridesmaids dresses in a particular colour that has been chosen ahead of time. In my case, I chose the girls' dresses before we even had our colours picked out. Of course I had a few colours in mind, but I was pretty flexible. The dress I ended up finding was only available in two colours, navy and blush. We ended up going with the navy and our other colours (ivory, gold, charcoal and merlot) just flowed from that.

In addition to choosing a dress, brides also often dictate how their bridesmaids' hair is styled, which shoes to wear, what jewelry to wear, and how to wear their make up. I can imagine all of these stipulations must be quite overwhelming for bridesmaids. As a future bride myself, I can definitely understand why you want to define some guidelines for your bridesmaids. You want everyone to look like a cohesive group, and that's totally fair. However, I do think you need to consider both cost and practicality when coming up with these guidelines.

If you really want your bridesmaids to have their hair and make up done, I think that is something you should offer to pay for. I gave my bridesmaids the choice of whether or not to get their hair and make up done. Sure, I would love to offer to pay for each of them but our budget simply won't allow it. I think offering them the option to do their hair and make up themselves to save money is more than fair. ~♡~

No comments:

Post a Comment